What's this about?

A collage of everyday thoughts and trying to make sense of a sometimes nonsense world.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Transitions

No this is not a review on those special lenses nor a literature lecture but this is about life transitions and how certain individuals configure into one's life. As usual, you may be asking yourself what in the heck is she talking about now? Patience, I will explain.

Have you ever felt like in your life that you are a transitional piece and there is no permanency in your life? That your life is constantly in limbo and ever changing? That stability is lost to you? I have been both fortunate and unfortunate to experience these transitions. I call them transitions because people and experiences are constantly changing around me. I don't consider them losses because I have chosen to gain something from them, something at the time that may not be seen as a gain.

I consider myself a "transitional piece", if you will, because it is my belief that there is nothing permanent in this life. Every past relationship(family,friendships, ex-beaus) I have had, has proven this. I will not pretend that I am close to my family because I am not. We are different people and even though I was close to my sister when we were young, we have grown way apart. It took me a long time to realize my family was only there to watch me grow up and that is all. Friendships come & go, although mostly a loner, I have had some close friends but we have evolved and moved on, lost touch, so forth. The ex-beaus, what can I say? As far as I know, I was only a transition to their next relationship, a small part of their lives, forgotten and lost.

Has this been a choice on my part or is just fate? I have little faith in fate, so maybe it is just the way life is and we are constantly transitioning in and out of each others lives. And I shouldn't take it so personally, when someone just disappears out of my life permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment