What's this about?

A collage of everyday thoughts and trying to make sense of a sometimes nonsense world.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Exceeding my expectations

I try to not have high expectations of people, one people tend to disappoint because what else they are people? They have their own lives and ideas, viewpoints, etc but sometimes someone comes along that exceeds those expectations and it gives me pause to think, is this person for real? I also don't think I deserve to have my expectations met because of things from the past and also I am so used to being disappointed. I used to think there was something wrong with me but I have come to realize I am not the one with the problem and if I quit having expectations perhaps I won't be disappointed. Maybe this is faulty logic, then again maybe not but one thing I can say for certain is there is at least one person that far exceeded who I thought he was. Impressive indeed. and there is hope for humanity yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment