What's this about?

A collage of everyday thoughts and trying to make sense of a sometimes nonsense world.

Monday, August 30, 2010

What was I thinking?

Someone once told me I have no filter, meaning that I just say whatever comes out of my mouth. I can't disagree with this. I guess this stems from childhood where I felt I couldn't say what I thought without being judged. Rather than discussions being held, I was told this is the way things are without understanding why they are that way. I am sure there other reasons I am so blunt, however I guess it's not relevant. Sometimes I need to learn to put the filter on and realize I don't always have to say what I am thinking or feeling for that matter.

Then again, my bluntness and communication style are part of who I am. Why should I change for anyone, especially if others see me socially inept (People can be so judgmental, why should I care what they think)? Is there a happy medium I can reach? or should I just stay the same? Perhaps I should attempt to become more socially acceptable but then again why should I pretend to be something I am not?

No comments:

Post a Comment