What's this about?

A collage of everyday thoughts and trying to make sense of a sometimes nonsense world.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Oh, is that a smile I see?

Really not in the mood to write today, still down with this little cold I have; however I feel that I should write something since it's been a few days since I posted.

It took me forever to realize this but sometimes my own happiness is not the most important thing. What I mean by this is, I think I feel better when I make other people laugh and happy, which in turn makes me happy. Maybe for some of you this is not a new concept but for me it is, mainly because I grew up in a household where anger & unhappiness lived. It is only when I surrounded myself with more positive people & influences that I found being happy is much better than being angry or depressed all the time. Attitude is everything and my own happiness only comes from how I perceive the world to be and how I can make others around me happy. I know there are lost causes out there, people I will never be able to make happy but I can't worry about them. I know I tend to be snarky, bitchy, cranky, etc sometimes but I like to think that does not encompass my whole being nor does it make me an unhappy person. I wear many faces, just wait 15 minutes and another one will appear.

All I ever wanted in my life was to be happy but it's funny because that's when I was at my lowest point. No one can make you happy, you have to do it yourself. Look at the people around you, who are your true friends and true family? (sorry I don't believe blood automatically makes you "family", just my opinion). The people you let into your life, are the people that are a part of your personal well being. I always say I am my best when I am alone but that's not always true because there are some things you can't do alone. In fact, sometimes being alone is the worst thing I can do for myself. The point of all this? Surround yourself with people who make you happy and who love you as you are. It's really that simple, rid yourself of the negative influences and make it a point to make others laugh, you in turn will find yourself a much happier person.

No comments:

Post a Comment