What's this about?

A collage of everyday thoughts and trying to make sense of a sometimes nonsense world.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Thanks for screwing me once again Cuyahoga County

Before I start my rant, I know I should be a better law abiding citizen but that is not the point. Last July, I received a speeding ticket (42 in a 25 zone). I paid the ticket but only after waiting FIVE days to find out the cost. The Cuyahoga County Clerk of Courts phone system is ass backwards, one can never get through and at that time there was no way to leave a message. Instead of fighting the ticket, I just paid it because I knew I was in the wrong. Fast forward to recently on my insurance policy, I noticed an Assured Clear Distance violation on my policy, so I called the insurance company and was told to get my record from the BMV. I received the record and there it said Assured Clear Distance on my record. I emailed the BMV and was told to contact the Court. After an almost twenty minute hold (no their phone system has not changed for the better), I spoke to a Ryan, who proceeded to put me on hold once again (don't get me started on the name Ryan, they have all been aholes to me). I explained the situation politely and Ryan advised me that the Assured Clear Distance and Speeding Ticket are written as the same. Really? There was absolutely no one in front of me when the ticket was issued, I wouldn't have had a problem stopping if necessary because there was no one there! Empty road, holiday weekend, everyone had left work early except me. I tried explaining to him that my insurance company charges me more for this type of ticket but they really don't give a flying fuck. Seriously. I just ended up hanging up on him.

So, thank you City of Cleveland for being in bed with the Insurance companies because not only are you lining your own corrupt pockets but the Insurance companies as well. What a scam. And don't get me started on the "traffic camera" speeding violation I had because there wasn't a sign there to indicate you had such a camera in operation. It is really no wonder that people are FLEEING this city and the state for that matter. There is enough corruption in the world but to deal with it on a local level it is not worth the hassle (oh and that goes for you overblown city taxes , how much are both the city of Lakewood and Cleveland making off of me this year but that's another rant) but yet you cry poor and treat your citizens like they are nothing and their opinions don't matter. Rules are rules but that doesn't mean I have to abide by yours because I have a choice not to live here. Really, who wants to live in a city which reeks of corruption and takes advantage of citizens that are trying to survive and get by on what little they have? Overall, it doesn't matter what I say, because you will continue to do what you do, I have no power over what you do but I certainly have power over what I do and that is to leave sooner rather than later, if it comes down to that, then I will. Maybe some will say, I shouldn't speed and I can't disagree with that; however, I do expect fair treatment and saying a speeding ticket is an assured clear distance violation is a muddied version of the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment