What's this about?

A collage of everyday thoughts and trying to make sense of a sometimes nonsense world.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Alone

From a young age, I was taught responsibility and diligence, an adult before my time. Never once in my young life did I ever feel like anyone had "my back", individuality and encouragement were foreign words in my vocabulary. Duty, chores, be like your sister, but never be me.There are times I still feel like this, that I can count on no one and that I must go forth in this world alone. I know absolutely the only person I can count on is me. There are few people I trust and I will never allow myself to depend on anyone fully because from a young age I learned, I can depend on no one. Some of my darkest moments have been spent crying alone in a black room and I got through it alone. Did I ever want to give up(yes)? Did I have anyone to call(no)? I depended on myself only and picked myself up and moved on. I was alone and I still am alone, some may say by choice but I say I was born alone. I don't label myself a survivor, martyr or whatever other labels one may come up with, but realize it is just the way things are. Maybe someday I will give up, but for now I go into this world alone, as I came into it and I will leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment