What's this about?

A collage of everyday thoughts and trying to make sense of a sometimes nonsense world.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Conformity is detrimental to my health..

What does that mean?

I am a believer in individual thought and the individual must prevail. This is not to say I don't listen to other people because I do but I think we get all caught up in this thing called normalcy. Truthfully, what is normal? Something made up by some old white guy? Please, there is no such thing as normal, it's all the individual. Someone once told me there are "certain societal standards you must abide by", oh really and who controls this society that we live in? Oh yes, we must have rules to live by, otherwise there would be chaos but who are you to tell me I can't act like a child or express my opinion?

All my life, people have told me I am crazy or insane, which doesn't bother me but the funny thing is, I never once said to anyone "you are too white bread normal, shake it up baby" because it is not my thing to judge who you are or what you do. Whatever you do is on you and no one should ever tell you, who you can or cannot be. Conformity is detrimental to my health because it is not who I am. I am an individual, not someone who wants to be shaped or expected to live like every other American out there. I want to make my own rules, live my own life, that's all I ever wanted. I do follow rules, but only the ones that are law abiding(well most of the time) but I like to color those rules and make them my own. No one will ever tell me how to live my life because that is not who I am.

Conformity is detrimental to my health because it suffocates the individual and shapes you into being someone you are not. Live your life how you want to, not the way society expects you to. Live your life as an individual, not as someone who has conformed to what is deemed as normal. Normalcy is overrated, long live the individual. Do the unexpected, however unrealistic it may seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment