What's this about?

A collage of everyday thoughts and trying to make sense of a sometimes nonsense world.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Some of my favorite things

A positive post today!

1. Hot tea, plain (black usually, Earl Grey is fine too) with sweetener, no funky flavored ones for me. Tea is better than dessert, love that stuff.

2. Target of course, the atmosphere is so comforting there.

3. Napping, I was born for siestas.

4. Walking in the woods, although I am not a true "outdoorsy" type, there's just something about being in the middle of nowhere with no one else around.

5. Reading, although I don't read as much as I used to, I still like to on occasion. I really do go through spurts with reading, sometimes I read a lot then I won't read anything for a few months.

6. Vodka, especially with Cranberry or OJ. Yum.

7. Trying new restaurants or even new recipes at home. I like experimenting with different types of food, although there are certain meats I won't touch (sorry I can't get into organ/game meats).

8. Travel, this is difficult for me because I like to experience new places/people/cultures but I don't like all the logistics that go into it (ie. planning) and I don't like super long trips. I still want to travel more though, mainly because it's fun! I just need someone else to plan it for me.

9. Latin American History/Culture. I find this history more fascinating than our own.

10. Writing of course, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this blog (although I don't like the research aspect of writing, I rather just write whatever comes out of my head).

No comments:

Post a Comment