What's this about?

A collage of everyday thoughts and trying to make sense of a sometimes nonsense world.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Be nice

There's a scene in the cinematic masterpiece Roadhouse, where Patrick Swayze's character tells his bouncer crew to "Be nice", until I say otherwise (I am paraphrasing the latter part but the "Be Nice" is there). It's hard to be nice, I much rather be a complete bitch because I guess it's natural for me to be that way (I learned this from my mother). I have learned that I don't always get my way when I am bitch, so I try hard to be nice.

As much as I try to be nice, it doesn't always work because if you are too nice, people take advantage of you. I don't want to be taken advantage of, so that's when my inner bitch comes out. People really have no idea how much I hold myself back and how hard it really is for me to be nice. I have to constantly remind myself to "be nice" instead of saying what I really want to say. Of course there are times, I can't refrain from saying what I want. I guess I am putting this here as a reminder to myself that I need to "be nice" more often and the hell with anyone who doesn't return the favor because that person who isn't nice to me, is not worth me calling him/her a douchebag or whatever terminology I come up with that day. So Ms. Vodka, "be nice".

No comments:

Post a Comment